The Maintenance Manager will oversee the management and oversight of assigned Maintenance Technicians in an
assigned FirstKey Homes region. The Maintenance Manager ensures that resident service requests are completed correctly,
timely and with quality. The role will demonstrate and lead a team that provides exceptional customer service
• Managing the Service Department to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident
requests and home issues.
• Overseeing Maintenance Technicians and vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests,
residents are highly satisfied, and expenses stay within stated company targets.
• Monitoring and managing response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency of
Maintenance Technicians and vendors within their portfolio.
• Overseeing the daily call assignments and logistics for their team.
• Reviewing requests to use third party vendors and approves when appropriate. Reviews vendor pricing and
approves invoices for completed work.
• Training team on newly developed processes and procedures. Educates and promotes property repair best
practices. Coordinate skills and trade-based training for associates as needed.
• Monitoring cost control of service orders and ensuring that all maintenance related tasks stay within budget.
• Helping answer Maintenance Technicians technical questions and concerns.
• Following up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and resolves issues with
• Tracking work orders and reporting accurate updates.
• Complying with all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensures all properties are
compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws.
• Coordinating activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
• Supervising staff, setting goals and holding associates and vendors accountable for results.
• Developing team members and identify areas of succession planning for team members.
• Ensuring associates have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
• Tracking employee training and ensure required training is completed in a timely manner.
• Overseeing performance management of personnel which includes: performance reviews, creating corrective
actions, mentoring, development and performance improvement plans.
• Reinforcing workplace safety standards and practices, to create a culture where safety is upheld.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, office environment.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
• Field work and hands on training with direct reports
• Work flexible hours which may include weekends and evenings to meet resident needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years of experience with construction management
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with reviewing and understanding cost estimates and scopes of work
• Experience managing multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
• Experience in a supervisory or leadership role
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with residential property management or residential construction
• Experience using YARDI, Salesforce or other property management programs
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
• Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the
best people for the job.
• Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for these expenditures.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and
exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.