The Leasing Manager will ensure compliance with tenant leases, regulatory items, and oversee the management of
contracts for their assigned FirstKey Homes market. Additionally, this role will manage and lead a team of leasing associates
to help support and achieve property operation goals.
• Reviewing all transactions within assigned market with support from the designated broker/owner.
• Working with leasing associates to set sales and career goals. Establish plans and coach associates to meet goals.
Coordinate training opportunities and provide general support when needed.
• Planning and facilitating team meetings.
• Initiating recruitment efforts, assist with hiring process and provide onboarding for all new leasing agents.
• Working in conjunction with other departments, plan and implement market strategy and operations to meet
• Assessing, modifying and/or set up systems to increase efficiency of leasing operations to best support the
associates and their customers.
• Participating in weekly market strategy and management meetings.
• Completing regular inspections of rental properties and recommend alterations and/or maintenance of the
property. Oversee work as necessary.
• Establishing and reinforcing a positive work environment by monitoring workloads and respecting work-life quality
of team members.
• Providing meaningful feedback regarding leasing associates’ performance in a timely manner. Keep leadership
informed of progress and issues.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Must travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Active real estate license required, or willingness to obtain
• High proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience
• Recent real-estate transactional experience (within the last 2 years)
• Knowledgeable of real estate law, local economies, and fair housing laws
• Proven marketing and sales experience to meet or exceed goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Current broker’s license preferred
• Experience with YARDI or similar property management program a plus
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the
best people for the job.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and
helpful on the job.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and
exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of
race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.