The Market Manager will oversee the construction and property management of FirstKey Homes rental properties in their
assigned market. This leader will manage a small field team to complete construction and maintenance projects to ensure
that residential properties are ready for move-in. They will also oversee property management activities to ensure tenants
are paying rent timely, receive important updates, and are ready for move-ins or move-outs.
• Manage a small field staff team to complete residential property construction and maintenance projects.
• Identify, solve, or escalate operational issues that arise with property construction or maintenance projects.
• Create, track and review budgets for projects. Review and submit change orders for variances to initial job
budgets. Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work and award all approved jobs to appropriate contractors.
• Review resident issues involving workorders and resolve issues professionally and timely.
• Manage workorders by dispatching field staff or contracting approved vendors. Close workorder requests, update
systems and ensure that work completed meets FirstKey Homes standards. Communicate necessary updates to
construction and property management teams.
• Oversee the property management functions of all residential properties in assigned market.
• Manage administrative tasks of submitting office expenses, accepting and depositing monies, managing tenant
maintenance/utility chargebacks, ensure proper documentation is uploaded into Yardi, among other related
• Facilitate the renewal process in conjunction with the central renewals team. Manage paperwork needed for all
Section 8 or housing-assisted residents.
• Act as leasing agent within market by ensuring properties are properly marketed on website; reviewing, approving
and filing completed applications; creating leasing packets for upcoming move-ins; communicating and scheduling
move-in process with new residents; managing property transfers.
• Ensure Section 8 move-ins have all necessary paperwork submitted in a timely manner and that the home passes
inspection. Schedule and coordinate all pre-move-in inspections with local Housing Authority and field staff.
Manage Section 8 collections and work with the local Housing Authority to resolve any payment discrepancies.
• Ensure all utilities are scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name prior to move-in. Partner with
corporate partners on all matters related to utilities when needed.
• Facilitate move-out process for tenants by accepting notice to vacate statements, scheduling pre-move out
inspections, influencing tenants to withdraw notice to vacate and offering authorized incentives to remain in unit,
and coordinating with maintenance services to process move-outs.
• Monitor and manage violations, lawsuits, or complaints. Discuss with Regional Operations Manager to obtain input
and final decision making.
• Manage insurance-related issues with the Regional Operations Manager in conjunction with the Maintenance and
Leasing Teams (vacant ready homes only).
• Train, develop and manage field and property management staff to ensure they support and achieve property
operation goals. Coach and mentor staff to enhance their capabilities.
• Monitor all key performance indicators and metrics for construction and property management in the assigned
market. Provide feedback to team on how to improve performance or implement best practices when necessary.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 3 -5 years of progressive construction or property management experience
• Minimum 1-year experience with managing and coordinating teams
• Familiarity with project management cycle, creating and managing budgets
• Strong understanding of rental turnover and property maintenance costs
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
• Experience working within a geographically disperse market
• Familiarity with property management software such as (Yardi, PhotoNotes, RenoWalk or similar program)
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for these expenditures.
• Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the
best people for the job.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges