The Property Manager assists the Regional Operations Manager with the daily oversight and coordination of FirstKey
Homes operations in their assigned market. Typical work includes assisting with acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property
management, financial performance and collections. The Property Manager will facilitate strong working relationships with
staff in the local market, national and corporate offices, and with third-party vendors and leasing firms.
• Reviewing all office related expenses for accuracy and presenting them to the Regional Operations Manager for
submission every Tuesday.
• Scanning and depositing all monies received in the local office daily.
• Collecting on all tenant maintenance or utility related chargebacks.
• Managing the renewal process in conjunction with the central renewals team and provide weekly updates to the
Regional Operations Manager.
• Managing renewal paperwork needed for all Section 8 or housing-assisted residents.
• Working with leasing agents to obtain a completed file with all application documents.
• Creating completed lease packets in compliance with FirstKey Home standards for upcoming move in’s.
• Communicating the move-in process with new residents, while scheduling and confirming all upcoming move-ins.
• Uploading all required documents into YARDI and sending the completed files to the Corporate Office for review.
• Performing all additional functions regarding the move-in as per YARDI and accounting guidelines
• Managing Section 8 move-ins to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted timely and that the home
• Ensuring all utilities are scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name before performing a move-in.
• Partnering directly with the Corporate Administrative Team on all matters related to utilities.
• Accepting all notice to vacate (NTV) statements from residents and processing notices in YARDI.
• Scheduling pre-move out inspections with residents on notice 7 to 21 days prior to move-out.
• Identifying and communicating with residents that may withdraw their notice to vacate while balancing the
profitability of the business.
• Communicating and updating the Regional Operations Manager about notice to vacate residents and how to
decrease the number of move-outs, using FirstKey Home authorized incentives.
• Managing property transfers in accordance with FirstKey Home guidelines.
• Working with turnover representatives within the maintenance department to process move-outs.
• Processing all deposit accounting within 7 days of move-out.
• Processing all incoming applications and requests for tenancy on applicants with a housing-assistance voucher.
• Scheduling and coordinating all pre-move-in inspections with the local Housing Authority and the local Field
• Processing, communicating, and uploading all documents pertaining to changes with HAP agreements into YARDI.
• Managing Section 8 Collections. Identify all accounts that have payment discrepancies and work with the local
Housing Authority to resolve the issue so payment can be received.
• Monitoring and managing violations, lawsuits, or complaints. Discuss with Regional Operations Manager to obtain
input and final decision making.
• Attending court sessions as the FirstKey Homes representative when needed.
• Managing insurance-related issues with the Regional Operations Manager in conjunction with the Maintenance
and Leasing Teams (vacant ready homes only).
• Assisting Regional Operations Manager with new employee selection. Ensure new employees receive training,
development, and coaching as well as ensure they are made aware of appropriate policies and procedures.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Must be able to travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• An active real estate license in the applicable state of practice is required
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of asset and operations management
• General knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis
• Experience with project management, process improvement and working with cross-functional teams
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Property Management or similar degree preferred
• Experience using YARDI or similar property management software is a plus
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing
files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations,
executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and
exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.