The Turnover Technician will oversee property construction and maintenance workorders for approximately 100 to 300
residential properties in their assigned market. They will manage construction projects for newly acquired residential
properties or when tenants move out to ensure they are rent ready. Project management will include creating scopes of
work, creating and monitoring budgets, identifying construction vendors and completing inspections. Additionally, the
Turnover Technician will physically complete all routine maintenance services and respond to tenant work requests. This
role requires the use of personal tools to complete work orders, but larger equipment will be provided by the company.
• Monitor project pipeline to plan and schedule renovations for rental properties that are newly acquired or after
tenants move out.
• Inspect properties to create project scope of work and construction budgets.
• Identify, negotiate and contract local vendors to complete construction projects within FirstKey Homes expected
pricing, quality and timeframes.
• Monitor construction projects and budgets. Update tracking systems and submit change orders for variances to
• Review, approve and submit invoices for construction projects weekly.
• Assist in preparing properties to be show and rent ready by: posting “for lease” signs, photographing property,
conducting move-in orientations, activating lock boxes, among other activities.
• Receive, schedule and physically complete routine property maintenance and work orders submitted by tenants in
a timely and professional manner.
• Communicate important updates to residents and management. Regularly update work order status within
FirstKey Homes tracking systems.
• Monitor the condition of assigned properties and take proactive immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations
such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA.
• Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must travel throughout applicable market or regions more than 90% of the time.
• Will require working outside non-standard work hours during the week to complete time sensitive projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with managing and completing residential construction projects
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own/lease reliable, work appropriate transportation
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• General knowledge and experience on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
• Knowledgeable of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning
• Experience with building permits and dealing with building officials
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience using Yardi Voyager or similar property management program
• Experience with drywall and texturing, paint, and basic mechanicals (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Roofing)
• HVAC, Environmental, Mold and other certifications
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the
best people for the job.
• Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for these expenditures.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and
exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.