The Leasing Agent will drive the leasing activity for rental properties their assigned FirstKey Homes region. Leasing Agents are involved in all aspects of the property marketing and leasing functions which includes: showing the homes, qualifying applicants, gathering completed applications, structuring leasing packages, and conducting move-in orientations.
• Overseeing all leasing functions, including showing the homes, qualifying applicants, gathering completed applications, and structuring leasing packages.
• Representing FirstKey Homes to prospective applicants in a courteous and professional manner with a focus on putting the customer first.
• Collaborating with the Leasing Manager and/or the Regional Operations Manager to positively affect leasing performance.
• Monitoring prospect pipeline, turning leads into rentals to meet or exceed monthly goals.
• Identifying and analyzing market conditions to determine optimal pricing strategies.
• Maintaining awareness of local market conditions and trends, shop competition and know the market.
• Assisting in resident relations programs, open houses, and special functions.
• Working with existing residents to renew leases, transfer to other FirstKey properties, and create brand loyalty.
• Adhering to all local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Must travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle
• Flexible work schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 1-year experience of property leasing or similar experience
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and personal auto insurance coverage
• Applicable state Real Estate License or Managing Broker License; or willingness to obtain License
• Knowledgeable about property management cycle
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience using YARDI a plus
• Prefer bilingual in Spanish
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.