The Regional Vice President of Property Operations leads the execution of First Key Home’s strategy related to property
management for their assigned region. This role will direct teams, implement and reinforce policies, programs, and
initiatives that achieve budgeted financial results as well as develop and lead programs that promote customer satisfaction,
operational excellence, and market growth.
• Assist with formulating the annual goals and business plan in line with FirstKey Homes strategic goals. Helps
develop budget(s) for their assigned region by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly
statements against approved budget, and working with the Senior Vice President of Property Operations and
others to discuss financial resource needs and issues.
• Oversee the operating performance of and compliance with FirstKey Homes property management procedures
and policies by inspecting properties, reviewing financial pricing models and marketing plan(s), conducting
operational and financial audits, and enforcing corrective action plans as necessary to achieve stated goals and
• Supervise the staffing and talent acquisition for the assigned region. Manages team members by assisting in
interviewing, hiring, orienting, training team members, and overseeing their performance in accordance with
FirstKey policies, values, and business practices.
• Manage customer satisfaction by maintaining frequent communication, responding quickly and with urgency to
questions, requests, and concerns, and seeking and acting on client feedback for improving overall service.
• Remain informed of market and economic conditions within their assigned region. Communicates emerging
trends, opportunities, and potential threats. Assist in creating long- and short-term business plans that achieve
targeted growth and market presence objectives.
• Lead process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for enhancing business performance, and
leading specific project teams in developing and implementing new programs, policies, procedures, and practices.
• Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring market staff members comply with
regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and
reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
• Practice and reinforce proper safety techniques in accordance with FirstKey Homes policies, procedures, and
standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions,
employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
• Identify areas for improvement. Ask for input and offer suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
Implement programs, projects, and initiatives that drive operational excellence.
• Maintain a current awareness of changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of
responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, researching and/or subscribing to online and
other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional
information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employee works in an office environment but may also have frequent exposure to outside elements where
temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
• Must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the properties and amenities within the assigned
geographic portfolio and markets.
• Regular and routine travel by car and plane will be required to conduct site inspections and market visits
throughout the assigned markets within the U.S., in addition to attending business meetings and events, and for
other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens, mobile devices, and other electronic equipment
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Property Management or equivalent work experience and/or education
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 8 years working in real estate, property management or similar role
• Minimum 5 years with progressive leadership responsibilities
• Proven ability to lead teams to achieve organizational goals
• Site-level experience with property management, in order to effectively lead, direct, and supervise property
operations, maintenance, resident satisfaction, marketing and sales, and overall portfolio performance.
• Experience with resolving customer issues, complete financial records, increase sales revenues, and coordinate
effective advertising campaigns.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Prefer experience with affordable housing programs (i.e. low-income housing tax credit and/or HUD).
• Knowledge of single family residential property management
• Experience using Yardi or similar property management program
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Strategic Vision and Planning – Appropriately aligns business strategy with technology solutions to drive
achievement of company goals.
• Commercial Orientation – Knows how the company's revenue and profit are derived and understands the
necessity of achieving these targets.
• Market Knowledge – Knows the basics of the competitive market and the business context; may have some
knowledge of competitors.
• Results-Driven – Meets and beats own and departmental goals plus regularly introduces improvements.
• Change Leadership – Challenges the status quo in furtherance of a better way. Builds collaborative support to
drive team acceptance of change.
• People Leadership – Motivates, develops, and directs team members to maximize performance.
• Communication, Collaboration and Influence – Team player who effectively influences others to accomplish
• Business Judgement – Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and selects the most
• Creative Problem Solving – Reframes or restructures problems in a different way to seek innovative solutions.
• Executive Presence – Regularly and confidently shares ideas and information with peers, supervisor and Board.
Body language and visual image convey confidence, engagement and composure.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.