The Senior Internal Consultant will lead and/or support various projects simultaneously across FirstKey Homes with Executive Champions to improve operating and financial performance. This leader will immerse themselves into the business environment to fully understand operations and streamline workflows. He/She will interface with team members across various job levels and continuously learn different technology platforms to pull data for advanced analysis. The Project Leader will interface with the First Key Homes Transformation Office, executive leaders and board of directors to present results and lead the implementation of approved recommend solutions.
• Lead and support multiple projects simultaneously, in collaboration with Executive Champions and the First Key Homes Transformation Office, to improve organizational operating and financial performance. Partner with Executive Champions to understand project scopes, timelines and to identify workflows, necessary resources and risks.
• Immerse oneself into departments to fully understand FirstKey Homes’ strategies, business model and nuances of operations. Review workflows, procedures and policies to assess strengths and gaps of operations.
• Leverage organizational resources to review workstreams for inefficiencies and conduct root causes analysis. Coordinate interviews and job shadowing with team members to fully understand work practices. Learn and navigate various FirstKey Homes’ technology platforms to locate data sources.
• Extract data from technology platforms with assistance from IT resources when necessary. Manage and analyze large data sets using Microsoft Excel or Structured Query Language (SQL).
• Report relevant insights to stakeholders and provide recommended solutions to optimize performance such as incorporating automated technologies or building departmental operating and reporting structures.
• Communicate project updates to stakeholders weekly and record updates in project management tracking software. Address changes to project scopes, timelines and resources. Resolve and escalate any issues that arise.
• Present findings and solutions to executives and board of directors. Lead approved solutions and collaborate with IT resources when necessary.
• Scan the business environment continuously to identify projects that will enhance business operations and reduce organizational inefficiencies.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, office environment.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
• May require occasional travel to FirstKey Homes field markets
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent work experience and/or education
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an analytical role for a consulting firm or corporate function
• Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proven ability to interface and present information to executives and board of directors
• Proven ability to act as a business partner and influence organizational practices to achieve organizational goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master of Business Administration, Organizational Leadership or similar degree
• Experience working for a big four consulting agency
• Ability to use structured query language (SQL) to pull and analyze large datasets
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work -related issues and problems.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.