The Director of Maintenance Support will oversee all FirstKey Homes maintenance services initiatives. This leader will ensure that daily operations and vendor services meet company standards. They will ensure that daily operations meet or exceed key performance indicators and continuously scan the environment for process improvements. The Director of Maintenance Support will interface with business leaders across the company and act as a change agent to ensure alignment and reinforcement of maintenance support services.
Partner with Property Operations and Field Service leaders to understand maintenance service operations and needs. Collaborate with leaders to establish short- and long-term strategies and priorities.
• Oversee the execution of maintenance support initiatives and day-to-day operations. Ensure that all maintenance services meet FirstKey Homes quality standards.
• Evaluate departmental policies and procedures regarding all maintenance support services. Partner with stakeholders to create new or edit existing policies and procedures. Act as a change agent to bring people along and reinforce changes to operations.
• Establish key performance indicators to measure departmental success of increasing efficiency and effectiveness such as reduce service time, reduce maintenance costs, avoid maintenance callbacks, etc.
• Lead the the rollout of FirstKey Homes fleet program. Ensure that fleet remains in compliance with company standards and vehicles are properly maintained.
• Develop and execute strategy to centralize the customer care maintenance call center operations. Communicate updates to customer care and field staff. Manage and reinforce changes to operations to ensure alignment to FirstKey Homes goals.
• Partner and established strong relationships with third party maintenance vendors. Work with vendors to establish quality standards, negotiate prices and contractual terms.
• Analyze maintenance support data and report out key findings to business leaders. Evaluate and recommend solutions that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Manage maintenance support services budget. Ensure that all services meet company guidelines of costs and quality. Follow up and resolve issues that do not meet organizational guidelines.
• Scan FirstKey Homes maintenance services environment continuously to identify service gaps and process improvements that will improve the efficiency of services and reduce costs.
• Train, develop, manage and evaluate performance of direct reports to ensure they achieve departmental and FirstKey Homes goals.
• Stay abreast of maintenance support trends, practices and emerging technologies in the real estate industry. Evaluate and implement practices that would improve the maintenance support operations.
• Lead and implement projects as assigned by the Vice President of Construction.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in a construction management role, specific to maintenance services
• Minimum 3 years managing and supervising team
• Proven ability to lead and coordinate large teams to achieve departmental and organizational goals
• Proven ability to establish and execute departmental strategies
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics 365
• Experience using mobile construction technologies (Yardi, FotoNotes, RenoWalk or similar software)
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or similar degree
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company