The Field Inspector will be the face of FirstKey Homes to residents by preparing resident properties for leasing activity and
performing resident onboarding activities related to marketing vacant homes. Some light appearance-related maintenance
work is involved. The Field Inspector will travel throughout the market and is required to work Saturday and Sunday hours.
This role will require overtime most weeks, especially during the first two weeks of any given month. The Field Inspector
will be facilitating at least 20 leases per month and 20 property listings per month.
• Posting “for lease” signs within 24 hours of unit maintenance work completion.
• Photographing each property within 24 hours of unit completion and coordinate with marketing associates to
advertise the property.
• Conducting move-in orientations with new residents which includes: showing residents water valves, circuit
breakers and other home basics.
• Activating self-entering lock boxes.
• Performing light cleaning inside and outside to make property appealing to prospective residents.
• Completing light maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs and air filters.
• Documenting activity and required information into FirstKey systems (e.g., YARDI) in real-time using provided
• Completing product, inventory, and property knowledge audits.
• Conducting occupancy and quality control checks.
• Communicating and coordinating with regional marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Traveling throughout applicable market using personal vehicle and conduct regular tours of vacant homes to
ensure they remain show-ready.
• Assisting with resident relations programs, open houses, and special functions.
• Adhering to all local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit
Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties.
• Performing other duties as assigned, such as dropping off checks, updating housing information, checking in on
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Interacting with public
• Requires working weekend, overtime and holidays as needed.
• Traveling throughout assigned market
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and own/lease reliable, work appropriate transportation
• Experience with property management principles and lifecycles
• Knowledgeable of water valves, circuit breakers and other home basics
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit
Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience using YARDI or similar property management application
• Minimum 1-year experience of full-time, successful property leasing experience
• Working with customers/public in a customer service/sales capacity role
• Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth company
• Prefer bilingual in Spanish
• Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or
services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
• Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.