The Maintenance Technician is responsible for physically repairing and turning homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, this individual will respond to all assigned maintenance and turnover requests and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. This position will require driving to properties within the applicable market in order to address maintenance issues as well as use of personal hand tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by the company.
• Responding to customers in a courteous manner and take responsibility for resolving customer concerns.
• Conducting all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations
such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA.
• Maintaining knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
• Completing service requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Monitoring the condition of assigned properties and taking proactive immediate steps to correct any unsafe
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
• Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Strong background in residential construction and remodeling in multiple trades.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, valid insurance, and reliable work appropriate transportation.
• Must provide own tools. Required Tools include (but not limited to): tool box, hammer, tape measure, screw
driver set, standard wrench set, plier set, channel lock pliers, two-foot level, pipe wrench, crescent wrench, drills,
and drill bits. These tools will not be provided by the Company and will be necessary to perform the job duties.
• Knowledgeable of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning.
• General knowledge and experience on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous multi or single-family turn or maintenance experience
• Experience with drywall and texturing, paint, and basic mechanicals (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Roofing)
• HVAC, Environmental, Mold and other certifications.
• Previous trade or general construction experience.
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no
supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in