The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller and will be responsible for analyzing,
researching, and preparing the financial information to support monthly reporting deadlines. The Staff Accountant
is also responsible for maintaining a good relationship between the Markets and the Corporate Office through open
and continuous communication.
• Assist with routine accounting activities such as preparing and adjusting journal entries
• Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts
• Resolve accounting discrepancies
• Assist in the timely preparation for month-end close providing financial schedules and analysis
• Review Accounts Payable activities
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 1-3 years of overall accounting experience
• Intermediate proficiency in Excel; must be comfortable using VLookups and Pivot Tables
• Yardi experience a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
• Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting from floor not to exceed 20 lbs.
• Frequent near vision use for reading and computer usage.
• Deadline driven role that can potentially be stressful at times (cardiovascular)