The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant legal experience
- Admission and membership to the State Bar Association of Georgia or another state
- Experience providing legal counsel to support Acquisitions team with negotiating and closing real estate transactions or similar work experience
- Knowledgeable of legal issues and real estate contractual agreements (i.e.: titles, deeds, commitments, etc.)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in property management, real-estate or similar industry
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work -related issues and problems.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good -natured, cooperative attitude.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenge s
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.