The Business Analyst will partner with Finance and Accounting teams to assist in designing, analyzing, and preparing customized reporting. Insights provided by the Business Analyst will assist with increasing the effectiveness of departmental responsibilities and help achieve FirstKey Homes goals.
• Analyze, design and prepare customized reports including key metrics/scoreboards, ad hoc reports; respond to departmental inquires for data and analysis.
• Produce forward-looking, insightful and actionable performance analyses. Provide insightful business analyses and presentations (standard and ad-hoc) to and for department leadership and or senior leadership, which contribute to their effectiveness in managing and communicating operational and financial performance, opportunities and issues within their functional area.
• Analyze daily, weekly, monthly and other reporting, identify variances, trend changes and communicate and or follow up on the observations made.
• Assist with designing and defining criteria for standard and ad-hoc reporting in accordance with Data Reporting teams.
• Assist with necessary actions to manage exceptions.
• Assist business partners in planning, forecasting and reporting.
• Coordinate with the Finance and Accounting team on assisting the build out of budgets.
• Identify opportunities and partner with assigned departments to develop business cases, including sensitivity modeling, for department-specific or company-wide initiatives to evaluate the viability and associated risks of proposals.
• Coordinate with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams to perform reporting and analysis needs.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar degree
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of in a business analyst role or similar work experience
• Proven ability in working as a business partner within a company
• Proven ability to design and write ad-hoc reporting
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) to manage, extract, and analyze large databases for targeted
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in property management, real-estate or similar field
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial
markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points
being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.