The Acquisitions Superintendent is responsible for inspections, estimates, and construction project management of new
residential rental home purchases. This employee must be able to quickly assess the physical attributes of a residential
home and make sound real estate investment decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
• Inspecting homes to create a scope of work that will be the basis of a budget on new property acquisitions.
• Planning and scheduling renovation projects for homes prior to home purchase.
• Creating and reviewing budgets using an Excel template.
• Coordinating and scheduling inspections with the acquisitions team lead.
• Managing 15-40 ongoing residential remodeling projects in various phases from estimation to final quality control
• Managing a vendor base to complete projects within the company’s expected pricing, quality, and timeframes.
• Negotiating pricing on vendor-assigned work.
• Completing and submitting change orders for variances to initial budget.
• Updating project and work order tracking systems.
• Reviewing and approving invoices weekly.
• Updating the local management team on the status and progress of projects.
• Communicating with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Reliable transportation
• Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Minimum 2 years in construction industry as a general contractor, estate investment or similar role
• Experience with high-volume estimation, writing and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
• Knowledge of property management cycle
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience using YARDI a plus
• Experience with residential maintenance and renovation
• Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair
of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and
coordination of people and resources.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the
most appropriate one.
• Negotiation — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make
improvements or take corrective action.
• Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for these expenditures.
• Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and
materials needed to do certain work.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and
exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.