SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES The Senior Field Manager (SFM) is responsible for oversight of all maintenance work orders and construction projects of residential rental homes in their assigned market. This is a managerial position to hire, train and oversee a team of construction and maintenance professionals as well as building and working with a local vendor base. The SFM leads a team in a production environment to accomplish company goals.
· Directly manage 2-6 employees and lead a staff of 20 construction and maintenance professionals
· Identify and solve operational issues in the construction and maintenance function of single family rental housing
· Work closely with other managers and the corporate staff to accomplish company goals
· Have a deep knowledge of the scope of work required for renovation and maintenance of single family rental housing
· Job budget review responsibility for all jobs in the assigned market
· Award all approved jobs to the contractors in their market.
· Responsible for all key performance indicators and metrics for construction and maintenance in the assigned market
· Conduct Field Manager and Field Associate training, counselling, and professional development
· Maintain and oversee a schedule of inspections for resident move outs
· Manage the process of receiving, dispatching, and closing out work order requests
· Manage a vendor base to complete assigned work orders and projects within the company’s expected pricing, quality, and timeframes
· Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work
· Manage field team employees to complete work in a professional and timely manner
· Review and submit change orders for variances to initial job budgets
· Manage the open work orders for the assigned market using the company’s software platform (Yardi)
· Update project and work order tracking systems
· Professionally handle and resolve resident issues involving work orders
· Review and approve contractor invoices weekly
· Update the local and corporate management teams on the status and progress on work orders and projects
· Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming move-in inspections
· This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
· 7 years Residential maintenance and renovation experience
· 3 years management experience in a production environment
· Experience with project management and related software
· Ability to read and produce reports using Excel and Yardi
· Deep knowledge of local remodeling and maintenance vendors and market pricing
· General knowledge of writing and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
· Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
· Intermediate computer skills and the ability to learn specialized software
· Ability to multi-task
· Knowledge of the property management cycle
· Yardi knowledge a plus
· Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
· May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must travel throughout applicable market about 50% of the time.