The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- Able to bend, climb, and lift up to 25 pounds as necessary when interacting with maintenance team members while conducting training in FirstKey Homes rental homes.
- Travel up to 75% of the time, approximately 3 weeks per month and multiple days at a time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent diploma
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role as maintenance management, construction or similar work experience
- Knowledgeable about typical home maintenance concerns (plumbing, HVAC, appliances, etc.) and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and instruct others in troubleshooting process
- Experience training and coaching team members or groups on basic construction tasks with electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction activities.
- Knowledgeable of property management programs and mobile technology used in construction such as Reno Walk and tablets.
- Knowledgeable about Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and Lockout-tagout LOTO procedures.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Learning and Development or similar degree
- Experience creating professional training materials, course content and delivering solutions using a blended learning technique including classroom, hands-on and web-based.
- Experience working in property management, real estate or similar industry
- Experience working in fast paced, high-growth environment
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Building and Construction— Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Learning Strategies— Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Instructing— Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing— Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making— Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Initiative— Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Persistence— Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Analytical Thinking— Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Independence— Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.