FirstKey Homes is an active investor and operator of single-family rental homes across the United States. We’ve already invested over $1B in approximately 18,000 homes and we’re continuing to acquire more properties every month. At FirstKey, we aim to be best-in-class within our industry by providing high quality homes coupled with an unmatched customer experience for our residents. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to grow with a dynamic company as we continue to increase our market size.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for reviewing, tracking, and advising on violations for the properties that FirstKey Homes, LLC manages.
• Reviews letters that contain violations for various properties.
• Maintains Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with violations information for tracking purposes.
• Inputs and maintains violations information in various software programs for tracking purposes.
• Works with various other internal teams to ensure property account information is accurate.
• Scans physical violations letters into software programs.
• Creates and revises internal policies and procedures regarding the process of identifying and maintaining record of violations that FirstKey Homes, LLC receives for various properties.
• Coordinates with each team in each market regarding violations that are applicable to a specific market.
• Performs administrative tasks for specific violations.
• Communicates violation trends with Executive Management.
• Ensures compliance with organization policies and government regulations.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Proficient in multiple competencies relevant to the job.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other internal teams and external parties.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to remain organized with various streams of information.
• Ability to work independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
• Ability to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of cubicle, open office or private office.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• May stand for several hours at a time to scan in letters received in the mail.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
• Subject to normal office noise levels.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Dependability — Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Integrity — Being honest and ethical.
• Cooperation — Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Ability to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V