The Licensing Compliance Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely record management of rental property and business licenses.
•Maintains records related to rental property and business licenses.
• Compiles the rental property and business license information in tracking software to ensure timely filing and for reporting purposes.
• Submits new and renewal rental registration or business license forms based on the requirements of the municipalities and counties for markets relevant to FirstKey Homes.
• Maintains a spreadsheet with all rental registration requirements for each market relevant to FirstKey Homes.
• Assesses required licensing requirements in markets prior to the acquisition of rental properties
. • Coordinates with state and local agencies to ensure timely and efficient license acquisition and renewal.
• Researches new or amended rental registration requirements for all relevant rental markets.
• Communicates licensing trends with Executive Management.
• Creates internal policies and procedures regarding operations for properly acquiring rental property and business licenses. • Ensures compliance with organization policies and government regulations.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties.
Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Paralegal certificate preferred
• Proficient in multiple competencies relevant to the job.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other internal teams and external parties.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Dependability — Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Integrity — Being honest and ethical.
• Cooperation — Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Ability to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed or required to meet established deadlines.