SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Inspector is responsible for preparing resident properties for leasing activity, including taking photographs, putting
up/placing signage, and ensuring target-level curb appeal. This role is also responsible for performing resident onboarding
activities related to marketing vacant homes, including performing quality control inspections. Some light appearance-related
maintenance work is involved. The Field Inspector will travel throughout the market and will be the the face of FirstKey Homes
to Residents. This is a full-time position with some overtime required most weeks, especially the first two weeks of any given
month. Saturday and Sunday hours are required. The Field Inspector will be managing a target of 500 – 800 homes with
approximately 40 leases per month.
• Market home within 24-48 hours of vacant ready
• Take photographs of each property within 24 hours of unit completion, and coordinate with marketing associates to
advertise the property
• Conduct move-in orientations with new residents, including showing residents water valves, circuit breakers and
other home basics
• Activate self-entering lock boxes
• Perform light cleaning inside and out to make property appealing to prospective residents
• Document activity and required information into FirstKey systems (e.g., YARDI) in real-time using provided
• Complete product/inventory/property knowledge audits
• Conduct occupancy and quality control checks
• Travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle
• Assist in resident relations programs and special functions
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit
Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be
assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license
• At least one year of full-time, successful leasing experience (preferred)
• Working with customers/public in a customer service/sales capacity
This document is provided by the Company for the benefit of its employees. It is not a contract and does not create a contract
of any kind. The Company, at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend or terminate the document at any time, with or without
notice. Final interpretation of the document and its provisions is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department.
• Passion for sales and marketing
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills
• Appreciation of aesthetic appearances
• Proficiency with computer and mobile technology navigation, data-entry
• Ability to perform light maintenance, such as change air filters, light bulbs, light cleaning, etc.
• Pleasant personality for working with public and customers.
• YARDI Property Management application (preferred)
• Bi-lingual (Spanish language)
• Property management principles and timing/lifecycles
• MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of water valves, circuit breakers and other home basics
• Local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and
other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
• Ability to work flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to travel for training if needed
• Valid auto insurance
• Own/lease reliable, work-appropriate transportation (e.g., car, van or truck)
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Interacting with public\