The Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Operations Manager with the daily oversight and coordination
of Company operations in the assigned market including acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property management, financial
performance and collections. The Property Manager must facilitate strong working relationships with the local market staff,
the national and corporate office staffs, and third-party vendors and leasing firms.
• Review all office related expenses for accuracy then present to the Regional Operations Manager for submission every
• Scan and deposit all monies received in the local office on a daily basis
• Attend court as the Company representative when needed
• Collect on all tenant maintenance- or utility-related chargebacks
• Manage the renewal process in conjunction with the central renewalsteam and provide weekly updates to the Regional
• Manage the renewal paperwork needed for all Section 8 or housing-assisted residents
• Work with the leasing agents to obtain a completed file with all application documents
• Create a completed lease packet in compliance with Company standards for upcoming move in’s
• Communicate the move-in process with new residents, while scheduling and confirming all upcoming move-ins
• Upload all required documents into Yardi and send the completed files to the Corporate Office for review
• Perform all additional functions regarding the move-in as per Yardi and accounting guidelines
• Manage Section 8 move-ins to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted timely and that the home passes
• Ensure all utilities have been scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name before performing a move-in
• Work directly with the Corporate Admin Team on all matters related to utilities.
• Accept all notice to vacate (NTV) statements from residents and processing the notice in Yardi in conjunction with
• Schedule pre-move out inspections with residents on notice 7-21 days prior to move-out
• Identify and communicate with residents that may withdraw their NTV while balancing the profitability of the business.
• Discuss with the Regional Manager the NTV residents and how we can decrease the amount of move-outs, using
• Manage property transfers in accordance with Company guidelines
• Work with the turnover representative within the maintenance department to process move-outs
• Process all deposit accounting within 7 days of move-out
• Process all incoming applications and requests for tenancy on applicants with a housing-assistance voucher
• Schedule and coordinate all pre-move-in inspections with the Housing Authority and the local Field Management Team
• Process, communicate, and upload into Yardi all documents pertaining to changes with HAP agreements
• Manage Section 8 Collections. Identify all accounts that have payment discrepancies and work with the Housing
Authority to resolve the issue so payment can be received
This document is provided by the Company for the benefit of its employees. It is not a contract and does not create a contract
of any kind. The Company, at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend or terminate the document at any time, with or without
notice. Final interpretation of the document and its provisions is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department.
• Any violations, lawsuits, or complaints would be managed by the Property Manager, with input and final decision
making lying with the Regional Operations Manager
• Manage insurance-related issues with the Regional Operations Manager in conjunction with the Maintenance and
Leasing Teams (Vacant Ready Homes Only)
• Assist Regional Operations Manager with new employee selection. Ensure new employees receive training and are
made aware of appropriate policies and procedures.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be
assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 5-7 years of asset and operations management experience
• Ability to read and produce reports using Excel and Yardi
• General knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis
• Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Experience working in a cross-functional group, project management, and/or process improvement
• Strong computer skills and expertise with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Yardi is required
• Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Must be able to travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle