The Field Superintendent, Acquisitions is responsible for inspections, estimates, and construction project management of new residential rental home purchases. This employee must be able to quickly assess the physical attributes of residential home and make sound real estate investment decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
• Inspect homes to create a scope of work that will be the basis of a budget on new property acquisitions
• Plan and schedule renovation projects for homes prior to home purchase
• Create and review budgets using an Excel template
• Coordinate and schedule inspections with the acquisitions team lead
• Manage 15-40 ongoing residential remodeling projects in various phases from estimation to final quality control inspection
• Manage a vendor base to complete projects within the company’s expected pricing, quality, and timeframes
• Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work
• Complete and submit change orders for variances to initial budget
• Update project and work order tracking systems
• Review and approve invoices weekly
• Update the local management team on the status and progress of projects
• Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming move-in inspections
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Reliable transportation
• High-volume estimation experience
• General contractor or real estate investment background
• Residential maintenance and renovation experience
• Ability to read and produce reports using Excel and Yardi
• General knowledge of writing and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
• Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
• Intermediate computer skills and the ability to learn specialized software
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of the property management cycle
• Yardi knowledge a plus
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.