FirstKey Homes is an active investor and operator of single-family rental homes across the United States. We’ve
already invested nearly $1B in approximately 6,500 homes and we’re continuing to acquire more properties every
month. At FirstKey, we aim to be best-in-class within our industry by providing high quality homes coupled with
an unmatched customer experience for our residents. This role will provide the right candidate with an
opportunity to grow with a dynamic company as we continue to increase our market size.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Superintendent is responsible for the maintenance work orders and construction project management of
residential rental homes in their assigned area. This position is a hybrid of a hands-on maintenance technician and a project
manager that works with our local vendor base.
• Inspect homes to create a scope of work that will be the basis of a budget
• Plan and schedule renovation projects for homes after residents move out
• Create and review budgets using an Excel template
• Receive, process, and dispatch work order requests
• Manage a vendor base to complete assigned work orders and projects within the company’s expected pricing,
quality, and timeframes
• Negotiate pricing on vendor-assigned work
• Self-complete work orders and small residential renovation projects in a professional manner
• Manage field team employees to complete work in a professional and timely manner
• Complete and submit change orders for variances to initial budget
• Manage the open work orders for the assigned area using the company’s software platform (Yardi)
• Update project and work order tracking systems
• Professionally handle and resolve resident issues involving work orders
• Review, approve, and submit invoices weekly
• Update the local management team on the status and progress on work orders and projects
• Communicate with the other property management team members on project completion status and upcoming
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also
be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Reliable transportation
• Residential maintenance and renovation experience
• Ability to read and produce reports using Excel and Yardi
• General knowledge of writing and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
• Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
• Hands-on repair and maintenance abilities
• Must possess the necessary tools to self-complete maintenance and renovation work, to include: handheld
power tools, drywall tools, painting equipment, plumbing tools, electrical tools, and various hand tools
• Intermediate computer skills and the ability to learn specialized software
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of the property management cycle
• Yardi knowledge a plus
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50
• Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.