The Maintenance Technician is responsible for physically repairing and turning homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, this individual will respond to all assigned maintenance and turnover requests and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. This position will require driving to properties within the applicable market in order to address maintenance issues as well as use of personal hand tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by the company.
• Respond to customers in a courteous manner and take responsibility for resolving customer concerns.
• Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA.
• Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
• Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Proactively monitor the condition of assigned properties and takes immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and communication both written and verbal.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, valid insurance, own tools, and reliable, work appropriate, transportation.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
• Knowledge of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning.
• Strong background in residential construction and remodeling in multiple trades.
• General knowledge on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work.
• Ability to schedule and follow-up on multiple tasks through completion.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt well in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous multi or single family turn or maintenance experience.
• HVAC, Environmental, Mold and other certifications.
• Previous trade or general construction experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & TOOLS
• Drywall and texturing
• Basic mechanicals (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Roofing)
• Required Tools include (but not limited to): tool box, hammer, tape measure, screw driver set, standard wrench
set, plier set, channel lock pliers, two foot level, pipe wrench, crescent wrench, drills, and drill bits. These tools will
not be provided by the Company and will be necessary to perform the job duties.
This document is provided by the Company for the benefit of its employees. It is not a contract and does not create a contract
of any kind. The Company, at its sole discretion, may modify, suspend or terminate the document at any time, with or without
notice. Final interpretation of the document and its provisions is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department.
• Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must travel throughout applicable market more than 90% of the time.