SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Compliance Manager plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the Company’s compliance functions with a focus on violations, litigation tracking, and property insurance claims. The Compliance Manager oversees the Administration Staff, working to ensure that HOA and violations issues are promptly addressed, incident procedures are followed and insurance claims are filed with insurance carriers when applicable, correspondence with legal and insurance contacts is conducted in a professional and confidential manner, and that lender reporting requirements are met each month.
• Oversight of violations issues: - Hold weekly meeting with all markets for updates - Dispute violations, if appropriate - Obtain approval for payment of fines once they are assigned - Coordinate with Regional Operations Managers (ROM) on urgent matters
• Manage the Company’s HOA Specialist(s) responsible for all homes that are in HOA-governed neighborhoods: - Ensure all HOA contact info is current and accurate - Research invoices for payment when internal discrepancies or errors exist - Stay up-to-date on rental restrictions in HOA-governed neighborhoods - Oversee resolution of all HOA violations in a timely manner - Coordinate with HOA and ROM to resolve any complaints received about our tenants
• Facilitate incident reporting procedures and insurance claims:
• Ensure proper incident report training is conducted with applicable new hires for each market
• Maintain relevant forms and distribute to the markets as needed
• Receive and review all completed incident reports regarding property and liability claims; submit to insurance carrier
• Track claim status and work with insurer to determine property damage or liability
• Track and report to Sr. Counsel – Operations of Compliance/In House Regulatory Counsel ongoing litigation matters including case status, deliverables needed and timelines for resolution
• Coordinate with legal counsel for guidance on HOA restrictions, tenant complaints, violations, and insurance claims
• Manage the property taxes and appeals reporting process with third party vendor
• Create and enforce action plans related to ethical and legal behavior within the property management group
• Provide required documentation for lender reporting purposes
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree, a focus in analytics is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years of compliance experience in a corporate or legal environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to produce reports using Excel and Yardi
• Ability to learn a specialized software
• Must possess very strong organizational skills
• Yardi experience a plus
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
• Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting from floor not to exceed 20 lbs.
• Frequent near vision use for reading and computer usage.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers