The Lease Generation Specialist is primarily responsible for accurately verifying and inputting rental application data into property management software to facilitate the generation of leasing agreements.
· Reviews application forms for completeness & accuracy.
· Verifies proof of identity and income documentation.
· Initiates background checks on applicants.
· Accurately enters applicant information into property management software (Yardi) once verified so leases can be generated.
· Processes and enters applications in a timely manner to facilitate quick lease generation.
· Manages the relationship with Field Agents to ensure the applications they collect are accurate and aligned with Company requirements.
· This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 1 year of data entry or data processing experience
· 1 year of customer service experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience with Yardi or similar Property Management Software
· Experience with background check and/or identity verification processes
· Primarily working indoors, office environment
· May sit for several hours at a time
· Prolonged exposure to computer screens
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office, and preferably Property Management tools
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Perceptual Speed — The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object.
· Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
· Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.\
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
· Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
· Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
· Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
· Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
· Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.