The Shared Services Manager is responsible for providing financial and administrative leadership, ensuring, within a fast-paced environment, that the Company’s accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) transaction processing is timely and recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including:
1. Receipt of all rent payments and that the AR Team properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
2. Payment of all invoices related to construction expenses, utilities, and other costs associated with property management and recording of the transactions according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner by the accounts payable (AP) team
3. Charging tenants appropriate rents, fees and reimbursements
4. Continuous improvement of the transactional process leveraging current and future technology in order to optimize cost and efficiencies.
· Build and manage scalable AR and AP Teams to ensure timely and accurate:
o Process cash receipts and tenant ledger adjustments and refunds
o Review and interpretation of leases
o Manage Section 8 / Housing Assistance accounts
o Processing and recording of invoices Work in conjunction with the general leader team to record accruals related to invoices not received by accounts payable cutoff. Charges appropriate costs back to tenants
o Audit and reconcile tenant accounts and investigate / resolve discrepancies
· Support and provide customer service to all stakeholders, particularly employees in property operations
· Review processes and drive changes that lead to efficiency and best practices within the AR and AP functions
o Collaborate with FPA and other reporting resources to build and monitor appropriate metrics, tracking mechanisms, and routine and ad-hoc reporting
o Coordinate changes with other department leadership
o Communicate successes and areas of improvement to team and to senior management
· In collaboration with the Acquisitions Integration Team, oversee acquisition related AR integration activities
· Develop, document and enforce policies, procedures and controls ensuring consistency, accuracy, and compliance with Company’s overall Sarbanes Oxley controls structure
· This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 5 or more years of AR, AP or other similar high-volume transaction processing processes
· Minimum of 2 years of management experience, including management of supervisors
· Advanced proficiency in Excel
· Proven expertise in Yardi (preferred) or other equivalent software
· Experience in developing metrics for management and reporting based on large volume of data
· Experience in real estate, construction, , multi- or single-family rental a plus
· Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative team environment and lead change in processes and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on customer service
· Detail oriented with logical processing skills
· Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
· Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting from floor not to exceed 20 lbs.
· Frequent near vision use for reading and computer usage.