The Leasing Agent is primarily responsible for driving the leasing activity in a specified region. Leasing Agents are involved in all aspects of the property marketing and leasing functions, including showing the homes, qualifying applicants, gathering completed applications, structuring leasing packages, and conducting move-in orientations.
• Responsible for all leasing functions, including lead nurturing, working with underwriting team to qualify applicants, gathering completed documentation to submit applications, and customer service to client.
• Represent FirstKey Homes to prospective applicants in a courteous and professional manner with a focus on putting the customer first
• Work collaboratively with the Leasing Manager and/or the Regional Operations Manager to positively affect leasing performance
• Monitor prospect pipeline, turning leads specific conditions to aid in centralized pricing.
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends, shop competition and know the market
• Assist in resident relations programs and prepare the resident for what a tenancy with FirstKey will be.
• Work with existing residents to renew leases, transfer to other FirstKey properties, and create brand loyalty
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties.
Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and personal auto insurance coverage
• Applicable state Real Estate License or Managing Broker License; or willingness to obtain License
• At least one year of full-time, successful leasing experience
• Have a passion for a sales-driven environment
• Computer literacy; ability to comfortably navigate new technology and a strong competency in MS Office
• Above average ability to communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
• Flexible work schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to travel for training if needed
• Knowledge of the property management cycle
• Possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
• Foster teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
• Yardi knowledge a plus
• Bilingual a plus
• Primarily working indoors, away from the threat of any weather conditions
• May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb up and down stairs multiple times each day
• Must travel throughout applicable market using personal vehicle