SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager with the daily oversight and coordination of Company operations in the assigned market including acquisitions, renovations, leasing, property management, financial performance and collections. The Assistant Manager must facilitate strong working relationships with the local market staff, the national and corporate office staffs, and third party vendors and leasing firms.
- Review all office related expenses for accuracy then present to Regional Manager for submission every Tuesday.
- Scan and deposit all monies received in the local office on a daily basis
- Attend court as the Company representative when needed Collect on all tenant maintenance- or utility-related chargebacks
- Manage the renewal process in conjunction with the Corporate Renewal Team and provide weekly updates to the Regional Manager
- Manage the renewal paperwork needed for all Section 8 or Housing-assisted residents
- Work with the leasing agents to obtain a completed file with all application documents
- Create a completed lease packet in compliance with Company standards for upcoming move in’s
- Communicate the move-in process with new residents, while scheduling and confirming all upcoming move-ins
- Upload all required documents into Yardi and send the completed files to the Corporate Office for review
- Perform all additional functions regarding the move-in as per Yardi and accounting guidelines
- Manage Section 8 move-ins to ensure that all necessary paperwork is submitted timely and that the home passes inspection
- Ensure all utilities have been scheduled for connection in the future resident’s name before performing a move-in
- Work directly with the Corporate Admin Team on all matters related to utilities.
- Accept all notice to vacate (NTV) statements from residents and processing the notice in Yardi in conjunction with Company guidelines
- Schedule pre-move out inspections with residents on notice 7-21 days prior to move-out
- Identify and communicate with residents that may withdraw their NTV while balancing the profitability of the business.
- Discuss with the Regional Manager the NTV residents and how we can decrease the amount of move-outs, using Company-authorized incentives
- Manage property transfers in accordance with Company guidelines
- Work with the turnover representative within the maintenance department to process move-outs
- Process all deposit accounting within 7 days of move-out
- Process all incoming applications and requests for tenancy on applicants with a housing-assistance voucher